Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 59: Mall Shopping


Last week at my MOMS group one of the women shared that, once a month she has a Mom day - a day all to herself to do whatever she wants (shopping, massage, nice lunch, etc). I thought that sounded like a GREAT idea! I plan to start having these too, and thought I would actually start today. Hubby had to help with a Knights of Columbus project for a couple of hours after lunch, so I thought after I got Edward down for his nap I would head to the mall to spend my Christmas gift cards all by myself. But you know what they say - the best laid plans... Edward is going through a phase of fighting his nap. So when hubby got home he spent some time in his room with him trying to settle him. I didn't want to leave Elizabeth on her own, so I ended up taking her with me. She was pretty good. She sat in the stroller the whole time, and I got her some chicken nuggets to keep her quiet. I got to try on some clothes (she kept telling me I looked 'distinguished'!) and easily spent both my gift cards! I probably would have stayed out a bit longer if I had been on my own, but it was still nice to do something (mostly) for myself. Next month, it will be all about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment