Tuesday, February 9, 2010

40: Kindergarten Screening


We have applied to St Raymond Catholic School in Dublin to enroll Elizabeth in Kindergarten in the fall. Today she took their screening tests to see if she is ready. I have no idea how she did as the parents had to wait outside. She seemed happy when she came out though. Her preschool teacher says she does well one-on-one when she is doing tasks, and they were in groups of 3, so hopefully she did ok. I just hope she wasn't too distracted by the whole event. She seems to be quite excited at the thought of going to 'big school'. I think she will do fine. Even if she passes the tests though she might not get in. There are only 35 places, and priority is given to siblings of current students, and members of the parish. They will be mailing out the results on March 20th, about 6 weeks time. In the meantime we keep our fingers crossed and pray!

The testing took about an hour. While I was waiting I took my camera and went on a photo walk at the park across the street. It was the first time I've been able to do that completely on my own and it was wonderful! I had a chance to try out a few techniques, including reflections in a puddle, and experimenting with fast and slow shutter speeds on a fountain. I got some nice results, but I need more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment