Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 223: Hummingbird


We've had this feeder for a couple of years now. Last year I did see a few hummingbirds feeding at it, and the liquid kept going down, but I only managed once to get a few pictures, and they weren't very good. So far this year, until today, I had only seen a bird at the feeder a couple of times, and the liquid didn't seem to be going down as quickly. Nevertheless, when I spotted one today I decided to set my camera up and wait until I got a shot.

I sat in the back yard with my camera all set up on the tripod and the remote shutter release in my hand for about half an hour waiting for a hummingbird to come to the feeder. When I had given up and was just standing near the feeder hand-holding my camera, one finally came! He actually came back several times, so I was able to reposition and try some different settings. He didn't seem wary of me or the kids at all! So in the end I was able to great some great shots, and this is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment