Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 147: Last day of school


So today was finally the last day of school. The weather didn't really cooperate. We took the kids to school in their swimsuits, and the sun came out for a little bit so they put the inflatable slide up. But by the time the kids got on it, it was starting to rain again. It was quite cold too, so they only stayed outside about 10 minutes. Then they went back inside, changed into dry clothes and watched a Veggie Tales movie. I wasn't looking forward to picking Elizabeth up at the end of class, but it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. It was hard saying goodbye to everyone, but we are planning lots of summer play dates. I got a bit emotional when I said goodbye to Ms Kristin. I wanted to tell her how much I appreciate everything she's done for Elizabeth, but I could feel the tears coming so I just gave her a big hug and said thank you. I think it helps that I know we will be back there in the fall, albeit with a new class and a new teacher. I know we will get to see Ms Kristin around, and I plan to make an effort to keep in touch with Elizabeth's closest friends. She'll also have two of her classmates in her new class next year, Max and Savanna, so that will be nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment