Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 132: Cat Fight


I had to take my cat to the vet today. She was outside all night because she wouldn't come in when I called her. Today she was very quiet, and kept hiding behind the couch. When I tried to get her out she crawled UNDER the couch! Then my mum told me she thought she heard a cat fight or something during the night. So I tipped the couch up to get Kishka out, but when I picked her up she cried, and I could tell she was hurt. So I immediately called the vet to make an appointment and took her in as soon as I'd picked Elizabeth up from school. The vet found several bites on her, and also some dark fur caught in her claws, so it looks like she at least fought back! They shaved her fur around the wounds so they could clean them, and gave me some antibiotics to give her for 10 days. I also have to try and clean the wounds with warm water for a couple of days, and keep her in for a week. She should be fine though. She's been back under the couch since we got back home, but hopefully she'll be feeling better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment