Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 129: Happy Mother's Day!


Today is Mother's Day. We had a very low key celebration. When I got up in the morning there was a banner hanging in the playroom, and I had two homemade cards, one handwritten by Elizabeth. I didn't get any presents but I spent a lot of money on clothes, shoes, books, DS games and jewelry for myself in the last couple of days, so that was fine. In the morning we went to church, and we were asked to take the gifts (the bread and wine) up to the altar as a family during mass, which was nice. We also had a special blessing for mothers. In the afternoon, after Edward's nap we took some photos in the backyard, then we went shopping. So a nice relaxing day spent with the people who mean the most to me. As Mother's Day in England in is March, not May, I didn't do anything special for mum, but I did get her a card.

No comments:

Post a Comment