Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 171: Father's Day Speech


Dave was asked to give a speech at church about being a Catholic father. He was a little nervous about it, but he spent a week working on his speech, and it turned out great. He got a big round of applause afterward, and several people came up after mass to tell him how much they liked it. I think he was especially moved by the guy who was sitting behind us - his wife is pregnant with their first child, so he is getting ready for fatherhood, and he said Dave's speech really inspired him.

When we got home Dave opened his presents and home-made cards from the kids. I made him a photobook of all the pictures I took of him with the kids last year. I got a special offer from MyPublisher to have a hardback book with unlimited pages printed for only $20. I think he really liked it. I also had a t-shirt printed with one of Elizabeth's school drawings on, and got him a DVD that was on sale that I thought he would like. We didn't do anything else special today, but Dave cooked burgers on the grill for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment